Dear all,

We are happy to announce that the 12th HiSoN summer school will take place at the Université de Lausanne (CH) from 22-29 July 2018.

We have a great line-up of teachers and a wide range of course topics (with a focus on different languages):

  *   Suzanne Aalberse (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
  *   Jonathan Culpeper (Lancaster University)
  *   Alexandra Lenz (Universität Wien)
  *   Spiros Moschonas (University of Athens)
  *   Taru Nordlund (University of Helsinki)
  *   Simon Pickl (Universität Salzburg)
  *   Israel Sanz-Sanchez (West Chester University)

You can find additional information on the summer school website:
http://wp.unil.ch/summerschools/courses/historical-sociolinguistics/

The fee for participation is CHF 600,- if you register before 30 April 2018, and CHF  650,- if you register between 1 May and 15 June 2018. The fee includes

  *   Accommodation from 16 to 31 July 2018 at no extra cost
  *   Tuition
  *   Lunches
  *   Coffee breaks, apéro and dinner on some days
  *   Course materials
  *   Excursion

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! See website for details.
Note that the summer school is restricted to 40 participants.

Please spread the word and particularly encourage MA and PhD students as well as Postdocs to register!

We are already very much looking forward to seeing you in Lausanne this summer!

Anita Auer
Tino Oudesluijs
Nils Langer

We want to thank our sponsors without whom this summer school would not have been possible:
Faculté des Lettres, Université de Lausanne and the Historical Sociolinguistics Research and Training Program (Research Foundation Flanders).

[http://wp.unil.ch/summerschools/files/2018/02/unilogo_bleu_300dpi-300x152.png]

[http://wp.unil.ch/summerschools/files/2018/02/image-300x60.png]