*Visual Communication in the Age of Social Media:
Conceptual, Theoretical and Methodological Challenges*

/Media and Communication, Volume 5, No 4 (Open Access)
Edited by Uta Russmann and Jakob Svensson/

Media and Communication's newest issue is out and all research articles
are free to download. Please do share them with any interested colleagues.

Complete Issue available here
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/issue/view/77>.

*Table of Contents*

Introduction to Visual Communication in the Age of Social Media:
Conceptual, Theoretical and Methodological Challenges
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1263>
Uta Russmann and Jakob Svensson

Brand New Images? Implications of Instagram Photography for Place
Branding
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1053>
Åsa Thelander and Cecilia Cassinger

Political Storytelling on Instagram: Key Aspects of Alexander Van der
Bellen’s Successful 2016 Presidential Election Campaign
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1062>
Karin Liebhart and Petra Bernhardt

The Visual Discourse of Protest Movements on Twitter: The Case of Hong
Kong 2014
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1020>
Irmgard Wetzstein

Showing/Sharing: Analysing Visual Communication from a Praxeological
Perspective
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1075>
Maria Schreiber

Digital-Networked Images as Personal Acts of Political Expression: New
Categories for Meaning Formation
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1065>
Mona Kasra

“I Set the Camera on the Handle of My Dresser”: Re-Matter-Ializing
Social Media Visual Methods through a Case Study of Selfies
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1057>
Katie Warfield

The Semiotics of Emoji: The Rise of Visual Language in the Age of the
Internet (Book Review)
<https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/article/view/1041>
Laura Kerslake and Rupert Wegerif

Kindest regards,