Hi Rachel, and thanks to both Karen and Rachel B for referencing my work.

Here is the link to the suite of programmes: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/rs/ecr/mentoring <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/rs/ecr/mentoring> please feel free to click around, there is a lot of information openly available.

The programme you may be most interested in is the Think Ahead Mentoring Programme <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/rs/ecr/mentoring/index> — there are participant case studies that illustrate the impact of the programme branching from that page too.

Take a look also at this document created by the BBSRC (contact James Donald cc’d): http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/skills/developing-careers/academic-mentoring/ <http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/skills/developing-careers/academic-mentoring/>

I have also just written a best practice case study for the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education about the design and development of this same programme — it describes the underpinning policies and framework. If you drop me a line directly, I can advise you on the anticipated publication date for that piece of work on their web pages.

Best,
Kay

Dr Kay Guccione <http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/rs/ecr/mentoring/kayguccione> SFHEA <http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/professional-recognition> MAC <http://www.associationforcoaching.com/pages/membership/ac-accreditation> | Mentoring Consultant <http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/rs/ecr/mentoring/suite> | @kayguccione <https://twitter.com/kayguccione> | read my blog posts <https://thinkaheadsheffield.wordpress.com/category/kay-guccione/>
Senate Award Fellow for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
Research Services, New Spring House, 231 Glossop Road, S10 2GW | Tel: +44 (0) 114 2221468

NEW BOOK: Guccione, K., and Wellington, J., (2017). Taking Control of Writing Your Thesis: a guide to get you to the end <https://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-Control-Writing-Your-Thesis/dp/1474282946>. London: Bloomsbury Academic.