The 4th Public Engagement & Performance Conference

Second Call for Submissions

The Hepworth Gallery, Wakefield, March 15th & 16th 2018

https://hepworthwakefield.org

Barbara Hepworth once wrote that “*sculpture is the translation of meaning*”
the same might be said of much of our research as we look to understand and
communicate more effectively

This conference provides a platform to explore different ways we come to
know, understand and communicate. The conference seeks to look at how to
make our work more and impactful, it provides a supportive forum to
showcase innovative methodologies, provides a protective space to share
works in progress and gain inspiration from a variety of experts in differ
arts and science practices, and gives an opportunity to connect with and
forge collaborations with colleagues from the arts, humanities, social
sciences.

Key notes, film and multi media submissions include:

*“Imagination & Intuition”* *Sarah Smith,* Award winning sculptor,
http://www.sarahsmith.org.uk “Community Theatre” *Paul Burbridge* Artistic
Director Riding Lights Theatre; https://ridinglights.org/whats-on/
“Collaborations” *Delia Muir,* Wellcome Trust Fellow
https://deliamuir.wordpress.com/author/deliamuir/ *films** “Emotionally
Fit”* by Jackie Goode, a journey into fashion through the lens of an ageing
body, *“Cultural Rivers”* by Melanie Hani and Elaine Drainville which
explores the use of ‘Static Animation’ and ‘Axiom Documentary’ film making
processes to identify issues relating to children who are first
generational immigrants in the UK, *I Think About It Every day* by David
Jackson, Re-Performing the embodiments of war through the use of multi
modal methods and documentary theatre these are just a taster of some of
the contribution a full list will be available at
http://engageyork2015.org.uk/info/

To submit an abstract go to http://engageyork2015.org.uk/submissions/

We have a dedicated “short film/documentary” stream and multi-media
possibilities for performance pieces

We welcome live performance, installations, dance and music

We welcome traditional submissions of papers on any aspect of research
practice, arts-based research, public/community projects, or issues
concerned with social justice, human rights, ethical challenges and
dilemmas, public engagement project and issues surrounding impact

We welcome works-in-progress for our ‘in-the-round’ discussion groups

*The Conference website can be accessed via either of the following links: *

*http://www.engagethenorth.org.uk* <http://www.engagethenorth.org.uk>

http://engageyork2015.org.uk

Registration
http://engageyork2015.org.uk/registration/