My first thought for France was Dorothy Gillerman's work on the cloture of Notre Dame in Paris.  There has been a good bit of work on European choirs in recent years, but I don't have my library at hand to find the most pertinent references.  Quickly, there is a 2015 edited volume entitled Choir Stalls in Architecture and Architecture in Choir Stalls (Cambridge Scholars Press) that has essays across Europe.  Sabine Frommel and Laurent Lecomte also edited a volume entitled La place du choeur (Picard, 2012) with a variety of good articles covering Europe.  These all relate to choirs at large, which should therefore also include the bishop's throne.

I think that bishop's thrones are consistently placed at the end of the choir closest to the altar across Europe in the 13th and 14th centuries.  I await correction from those better informed than myself!

erik gustafson