With apologies for any cross-posting, I hope the call for papers below will be of interest to at least some list members.
_______________________________________
CHORD Conference call for papers - 'Retailing and Distribution in the Eighteenth Century'

University of Wolverhampton

The Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution ­invites submissions for a conference that aims to explore retailing and distribution in the eighteenth century.

Papers focusing on any geographical area or topic are welcome. We invite both experienced and new speakers, including speakers without an institutional affiliation. Potential speakers are welcome to discuss their ideas with the organiser before submission (please see details below).

Some of the themes that  might be considered include (but are not limited to):

- Shops, shopkeeping and shopping
- Novelties and fashion
- Imported commodities and imitations
- Commercial ideologies and representations
- Transport and distribution
- Markets and itinerant traders
- Retailing and production
- Displays and advertising
- Urban and rural retailing
- Regulation, trade organisations and legislation

Individual papers are usually 20 minutes in length, followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion. We also welcome shorter, 10 minute ‘work in progress’ presentations, also followed by 10 minutes for discussion.

To submit a proposal, please send title and abstract of c.300 to 400 words, specifying whether you are proposing a 10 or a 20 minute presentation to Laura Ugolini, at [log in to unmask] by 4 May 2018.

If you are unsure whether to submit a proposal or would like to discuss your ideas, please e-mail Laura Ugolini at [log in to unmask]

The conference will be held on Wolverhampton City Campus, University of Wolverhampton, a short walk from Wolverhampton’s bus and train stations.

The call for papers is available here: https://retailhistory.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/2018cfp/

For any further information, please e-mail Laura Ugolini at: [log in to unmask]

Conference blogs and news about CHORD events can be found here: http://retailhistory.wordpress.com/about/

Prof. Laura Ugolini
Professor of History

Dept. of History, Politics, War Studies