The University of Northampton is looking for an external examiner for:  the Pre-registration BSc (Hons) Midwifery 3 year programme. The appointment will be for the four academic years 2018 to 2022, from 1 October 2018.

We are looking for someone:

The Midwifery team are using innovation in learning and assessment strategies, and moving to a new build campus in September 2018. The successful candidate will be invited to a workshop in mid-September. The majority of assessments can be reviewed remotely. The Exam board will meet twice a year, as there are two cohorts per annum. You will be required to view a selection of scripts for designated modules and complete a module external examiner report for each set of assignments reviewed.  At the end of the academic year, an annual report is required.  We link with three NHS Trusts, which the External Examiner visits on an annual rotating basis, to meet senior staff, mentors and students in practice.

Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from staff at the following institutions:

Wolverhampton

Coventry

Closing date: Wednesday 14th February, 2018.

If you are interested in applying for this role (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to Tracey Barnfather,  Principal Lecturer and Lead Midwife for Education.

University of Northampton: Transforming Lives and Inspiring Change www.northampton.ac.uk This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us. ######################################################################## To unsubscribe from the EXTERNAL-EXAMINERS list, click the following link: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=EXTERNAL-EXAMINERS&A=1