Dear Colleague,
UCL'a Transport Institute has published a new report, 'The Landscape for Transport Research: Academic Research Funding, Paradigm Shift, and Recommendations for the Research Community,’ which draws on interviews with stakeholders who conduct, commission, or fund transport research in the UK.

The report identifies several tensions between the academic research community and commissioners and funders. There are four recommendations, the broadest of which suggests the community should come together to assess research needs and articulate their preferred paradigm for academic research. Such a process would be particularly relevant for contributing to the shape of EPSRC’s next three-year delivery plan after the current one ends in 2019.

The report is available as a PDF here:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/transport-institute/Research-Landscape

As we move forward to implement these recommendations, we welcome your input and participation. We look forward to talking with colleagues about it informally at the UTSG meeting in January.

Best,

Nicola Christie, Director  | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Ann Thorpe, Deputy Director | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/transport-institute
twitter: @UCLTI

Highlighting university-wide research capacity from propulsion to policy, facilitating collaboration & linking research to policymaking

Chadwick Building, Room 209  |  Gower Street  |  University College London  |  London WC1E 6BT
+44 (0)20 7679 3656  |  +44 (0)74 4756 1030  |