Dear Beginner K.,

regarding your sample size, a repeated-measures model (flexible
factorial) should be the right choice. According to your description,
you will have a group, a time and a subject (repeated) factor. Groups
and subjects are independent, the time factor, however, is not. Each
subject will appear at each time point, making your post-intervention
measurements dependent on the pre ones (also also their error
estimates). When it comes to variance, it's not so easy. There are
recommendations like keeping the variance setting to "equal" except for
between-group factors ("group" in your case) but this actually depends
on your data.

Best regards,
     Manfred