Hello All,

I’m delighted to give you some advance warning of a number of HLG bursaries that we will be running in 2018. The closing date for these will be 28th Feb 2018 and full details will be published on the HLG website shortly – if you are really keen for full details now, please email me directly (letting me know which bursary) and I can send these through.

10 Full Bursaries for the HLG Conference at Keele University

·         4  ‘First-timer’ Awards to support HLG members who have not attended an HLG conference before.

Never been to an HLG Conference before? These bursaries could be for you covering the full conference fee and up to £200 travel / accommodation expenses.

·         4 ‘Active participant’ Awards to support HLG members who are either presenting a paper, hosting a workshop or submitting a poster.

Are you thinking of submitting an abstract for a paper / workshop / poster to the HLG Conference in Keele but unlikely to be funded by your organisation? Finish your  abstract first and submit it before 16th February . Once you have submitted you can apply for one of these bursaries covering the full conference fee and up to £200 travel / accommodation expenses. Application does not guarantee that your abstract will be accepted and these bursaries will only be awarded to individuals who are presenting / displaying a poster.

·         2 Student Awards to support students who are enrolled in a part-time or full-time University LIS course.

Any LIS students interested in Health Librarianship are invited to apply for one of two student bursaries covering the full conference fee and up to £200 travel / accommodation expenses.

Full Bursary to attend the EAHIL Conference in Cardiff

One bursary to support an HLG member to attend the European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL) Conference in Cardiff July 9-13, 2018.

The bursary includes:

·         Cost of full registration at Early Bird rate (TBC)

·         Up to £400 travel / accommodation expenses

Leslie Morton

The ‘big one’. Up to £1000 to support attendance at an international (outside of UK) conference in health librarianship, medical bibliography or medical history.

Past recipients have attended:

·         IFLA Conference in Wroclaw

·         EAHIL Conferences in Seville and Rome

·         MLA Conference in Texas

Do you want to go to MLA Conference in Atlanta (May 18 – 23) , Canadian Health Libraries Association Conference in Newfoundland  (June 15 – 18) or even the IFLA Conference in Kuala Lumpur August 24 – 30)? This could be your opportunity.

More details to follow on the website soon.

Kind Regards

Doug Knock

Library & Knowledge Services Manager

PRUH Education Centre Library

Postgraduate Medical & Dental Education (PGMDE)
Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01689 864305
Fax:  01689 864307
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Access PRUH Education Centre Library catalogue online at: https://pruh.koha-ptfs.co.uk/

leap_v2‘LEAP’ is now live, look for the icon on your desktop or visit the LEAP Kwiki page