Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to send notice of my book ‘Blindness and Writing: From
Wordsworth to Gissing' which has just been published in hardback by
Cambridge University Press (ISBN 9781107194212).

In the book I examine the huge shifts that took place in the experience and
conceptualisation of blindness during the nineteenth century. Considering
the ways in which visually-impaired people used texts to shape their own
identities, I argue that blindness was also a means by which writers
reflected on crafting literary form. The book:

o     - Offers revisionary readings of nineteenth-century canonical authors

o     - Extends understandings of disabled and embodied identity

o     - Presents a range of under-researched archival material relating to
the history of disability

For more information please visit www.cambridge.org/9781107194212

The book will also be made available in accessible format to all the
institutions who participate in the RNIB's Bookshare programme. Cambridge
University Press are also working on having a special version of the Adobe
eBook produced with a ‘read out loud’ feature which will be made available
for sale on their website when ready.

Many thanks

Heather

(Please note I am on maternity leave until the end of May 2018 so it may
take me a little while to respond to any queries).

--
*Dr Heather Tilley*
Birkbeck Wellcome Trust ISSF Fellow

*Email:* [log in to unmask]