Dear colleague,

we are happy to inform you that, following a large number of requests, the
JNCA submission site will accept papers until December 31, 2017 for late
submission to the Special Issue on Emerging Networked Computer Applications
for Telemedicine.
Please note that this a final and firm deadline.

We do hope you will profit from this extension.

Could you please be so kind as to inform us about your will to submit a
paper? In this way, we can better arrange things.

We are looking forward to receiving your submission.

Yours sincerely
Ivanoe De Falco
(On behalf of all the SI Guest Editors)

Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications - Impact Factor
(2016): 3.500

Special Issue on Emerging Networked Computer Applications for Telemedicine

Nowadays, all over the world, the number of ICT investments in health and
well-being is rapidly increasing. In this context, there is a growing
interest about telemedicine that allows the provisioning of various kinds
of health-related services and applications over the Internet. The benefit
of telemedicine is twofold: on the one hand it pushes down clinical costs,
and on the other hand, it improves the quality of life of both patients and
their families. Telemedicine solutions are typically aimed at tele-nursing,
tele-rehabilitation, tele-dialog, tele-monitoring, tele-analysis,
tele-pharmacy, tele-trauma care, tele-psychiatry, tele-radiology,
tele-pathology, tele-dermatology, tele-dentistry, tele-audiology,
tele-ophthalmology, etc. In recent years the rapid advent and evolution of
emerging ICT technologies (such as Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud
computing, Edge computing and so on) is revolutionizing telemedicine. This
special issue focuses on emerging networked computer applications in all
the fields of telemedicine.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
   - Emerging architectures and technologies for telemedicine;
   - Computer-aided clinical diagnosis and therapy;
   - Networked applications for tele-health;
   - Medical signal and data processing;
   - Algorithms for decision support and therapy improvement;
   - Evolutionary computing and swarm intelligence applications for
e-health and tele-health.

Important dates:

   - Paper submission: December 15, 2017
   - Acceptance notification: February 15, 2018
   - Final papers: March 31, 2018

Guest Editors:

Giovanna Sannino, ICAR - CNR, Italy ([log in to unmask])
Antonio Celesti, University of Messina, Italy ([log in to unmask])
Antoine Bagula, University of Western Cape, South Africa ([log in to unmask])
Ivanoe De Falco, ICAR - CNR, Italy ([log in to unmask])
Pedro Brandao, University of Porto, Portugal ([log in to unmask])

For all information:
https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-network-and-computer-applications/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-emerging-networked-computer-applications-fo