From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Melanie Barrand
Sent: 06 December 2017 16:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Blackboard App - Terms of Use

Hello Craig

We’re not on the right Building Block version to use the Instructor app so it’s interesting to know they would see this too.

I assume their terms of use have been written for their range of products. If a student or member of staff reads them there are a few worrying snippets. Amongst them:

"Further, if you stop using the Products for more than 60 days, your accounts may be deleted and Blackboard assumes no responsibility for Content deleted following inactivity.

"You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post, or display on or through the Products. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Products, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, host, store, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works, communicate, display, and/or distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed) as part of providing any of the Products.

Melanie Barrand
Learning Technologies Team University of Leeds

Website: www.leeds.ac.uk/vle