Hi,

I’m not sure if we are missing something but one of my colleagues is creating some electrical engineering quizzes in blackboard and needs the answers to be text input rather than multiple choice.

A typical question and answer might be:

Q: A coil comprising 240 turns is wrapped around a ferrite core carrying a peak flux density of 0.2T varying sinusoidally at a frequency of 12kHz. The cross sectional area of the core is 36mm2.
What is the magnitude of the voltage induced in the coil?

A: 130.2cos(wt)

Is there any way that we can allow for the entry of the omega symbol, for example?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Lisa

Lisa Fishburn FHEA
Development Officer
Learning and Teaching Development Service
Kings Gate Level 5
Tel: (0191) 208 5565
Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/ltds

L & T Conference Call for submissions: Education for Life: celebrating partnership, encouraging innovation
Call deadline: 12 Jan 2018: Conference: 21 March 2018
http://bit.ly/ncllt18