From: VSSN [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: 10 November 2017 09:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Commercial Creep on the VSSN List Training: Know Your Customers, Staff and Market with Accurate Evaluation | London

Hi Angela,

I personally think that commercial training should not be advertised on this list, as the company in question seems to have joined the mailing list solely for marketing purposes and more companies might follow in their wake. On the other hand, if the information on the VSSN website stated clearly that the mailing list is not to be used for commercial marketing, then it might discourage some people from joining the list in the first place, especially since they know that it is a moderated list and their message might be rejected.

I am generally of the opinion that only not for profit training provision should be advertised on this list – unless it is deemed that for profit training addresses a burning issue that is a gap. I don’t think that was the case with the training offered below.

Having said that, I don’t get the impression that this list is somehow increasingly hijacked by marketers, but maybe I don’t follow it closely enough to know.

Best wishes,

Susanne

Susanne Martikke
Researcher