Hi Richard, Kerstin, there is also the somewhat old work by Allen (Managing the flow of Technology? Sometime late 70s) noting that face-to-face interaction drops drastically beyond 30 meters IIRC, it seems to be very similar to Kerstin’s study in the distance range. I think recognition of people and/or facial expression was involved in the reasoning but it was quite a while ago I looked at it.
Best
Daniel
____________
Daniel Koch
KTH School of Architecture
www.arch.kth.se<http://www.arch.kth.se> | www.kth.se/profile/dkoch/<http://www.kth.se/profile/dkoch/>
+46 8 790 60 25

Editor, Journal of Space Syntax
joss.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk<http://joss.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk>

Architecture in the Making
Vice Director
www.architectureinthemaking.se<http://www.architectureinthemaking.se>

Architectural Morphology
www.archmorphstockholm.se<http://www.archmorphstockholm.se>

7th International Space Syntax Symposium
www.sss7.org<http://www.sss7.org>