Probably there are hundreds, if not thousands, but no central directory.

There are People First chapters in many states and local areas, which are self-advocacy organizations led by and for people with I/DD. There are ADAPT chapters in many cities and other localities as well, which have historically been primarily people with physical disabilities. There are chapters of the Autistic Self Advocacy Network, the National Federation of the Blind, the American Council of the Blind, and the National Association of the Deaf in many states. There are also national organizations like DREAM (Disability Rights Education, Activism, and Mentoring), National Black Deaf Advocates, Coalición Nacional de Personas con Discapacidades, Harriet Tubman Collective, Asian Pacific Islanders with Disabilities, Self Advocates Becoming Empowered, and of course, many others.

Lydia X. Z. Brown
(they/them/theirs)
+1 (202) 618-0187
www.autistichoya.net

If you or someone you know is currently in danger or in crisis, please consider reaching out to someone who might be able to help — click for a list of text message, online chat, videophone, TTY, and phone hotlines, including those specific to Deaf, LGBTQ+, and trans people: https://goo.gl/Xifa1C. Generally having a hard time? Try bit.ly/selfcarehelp for a text-accessible, interactive self-care/executive functioning tool.

RESIST. STAY UNGOVERNABLE. REBEL.

آسف على أي الأخطاء! أرسلت من هاتفي "الذكي"ِ