Dear All,

In partnership with Tate, we are delighted to open registration for 'Significance & Authenticity: A Briefing', to be held at Tate Britain in London on Friday 15th December. You are cordially invited to this day of presentations and practical workshops to learn from digital preservation practitioners from different backgrounds about how they apply significance and authenticity to their digital content.

Defining significance and how to guarantee authenticity is anything but straightforward. Digital preservation practitioners from many different backgrounds face challenges created by their digital objects – from software-based artwork to web content to evidential records used in criminal proceedings. Furthermore, developments in digital forensics demonstrate increasing anxiety over how to determine the authenticity of the digital objects we rely on for information. Through presentations and discussion, this day-long event will provide a space for digital preservation practitioners to share their own methods and approaches, as well as learn from others. Through this exercise, we aim to refine our communal understanding of these concepts and reinforce best practice for implementing them.

"In order to ensure digital objects will remain reliable and meaningful into the future, practitioners must establish consistent terms for authenticity and significance for all forms of digital content," explains Research Officer for the DPC Sara Day Thomson. "This briefing day aims to share experiences and exchange knowledge and methods."

For more information and to register, please visit the event page: http://bit.ly/2hh65La

Briefing days usually fill up quickly, so early registration is recommended. Cancellations will be accepted until one week before the event, a 'no show' fee of £275 will be charged for those who cancel after this time.

If you have any questions about registration please contact Sara Day Thomson ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Sara Day Thomson
Research Officer
Research & Practice
Digital Preservation Coalition

T: +44 (0)141 330 6337
W: dpconline.org<http://www.dpconline.org/>
Tw: @sdaythomson

[cid:image001.png@01D33871.333CF850]

Celebrate Digital Preservation on 30th November 2017
#IDPD17 | http://dpconline.org/events/international-digital-preservation-day

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and  opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC. Registered in England No: 4492292