Places of Deposit Compliance and Development Manager

We currently have an opportunity to join the Standards and Improvement Team in Archive Sector Development at The National Archives, an organisation that offers great support and exceptional benefits. It is an exciting time for our work, as this year we have launched a new strategic vision for archives, t building on the success of the previous Government Policy Archives for the 21st Century.

The Standards and Improvement Team works to develop and deploy standards and good practice to support the effective care of and access to archives. The key standards it works with are those relating to Archive Service Accreditation and  the local deposit of Public Records.
Team members each have wide ranging responsibilities with a large portfolio of archive services and stakeholders. We are currently recruiting to the post of Places of Deposit Compliance and Development Manager.
About the role

This key outward facing post is crucial for the delivery of 'Archives Unlocked' to the archives sector in relation to our statutory public records responsibilities, improving the resilience, digital capacity and impact of Places of Deposit (PoDs). The network holds a a wide range of public records from magistrates' courts, prisons, coroners' courts, NHS bodies and some executive agencies including the Environmental Agency. The purpose of this post is to support the Head of the Standards and Improvement Team in ASD to manage the Places of Deposit Team with three key responsibilities : (a) management of the team, (b) development of a strategic approach for the transfer of digital public records of local interest and (c) managing delivery of new burdens funding to eligible places of deposit.
.
About you

We are looking for some one with experience of managing a demanding workload and prioritising effectively to achieve maximum impact. As someone who will be both leading engagement with the archive sector and stakeholders, you will have excellent project management skills, digital confidence and understanding of the relevant standards which underpin a diverse and dispersed network of  PoDs and an interest in the challenges of identifying, selecting, preserving and transferring  of digital records to them. You will be able to demonstrate understanding of the impact of political decision-making and the ability to negotiate and influence effectively at a senior level. You will also have strong relationship building skills, with both individuals and organisations, to lead to partnership working and concrete impacts.

Join us here in beautiful Kew, just 10 minutes' walk from the Overground and Underground stations, and you can expect an excellent range of benefits. They include a pension, flexible working and childcare vouchers, as well as discounts with local businesses (e.g. beauty salons and bars). We also offer wellbeing resources (e.g. on-site therapists) and have an on-site gym, restaurant, and shop.

TO APPLY PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1562351

Closing date: 16th November 2017 at midnight.

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.