What about a call in line so out of towners could listen to the talks and contribute comments over the phone- it seems to work at business conferences. Just a thought-Barry Stulberg

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Peggy Kerner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Again, it sounds like a great meeting.  Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend and so cannot volunteer.
Peggy

Sent from my Optonline id

On Oct 14, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Boston Wedgwood Society Ron Frazier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Subject: WEDGWOOD ON SPEED DIAL:

When: Sunday, November 12th at  at 2:00

Where: Springhouse

Format: WEDGWOOD ON SPEED DIAL

We are excited to introduce a new inclusive format for our next WSB meeting which we have called "WEDGWOOD ON SPEED DIAL."

We are requesting that during the next 10 days, FOUR WSB members volunteer to speak for up to 15 minutes each on a specific Wedgwood-related topic, such as a specific type of Wedgwood which they collect, and then illustrate their subject with a Wedgwood example, if possible, (or PowerPoint if not).  The remarks will be designed to encourage lively interaction with the audience both during the presentation and thereafter in a Q & A format for an additional 5 - 8 minutes.

Potential topics should be quite specific, even narrow, in focus.  Each mini-talk could concentrate on the physical aspect of a piece, i.e. a body type, specific glaze used, a shape, the type of decoration;  the design origin of the piece, i.e. whether an original creation by a Wedgwood craftsman, such as Flaxman or Hackwood, or a re-working in ceramics of a piece from another medium, such as a painting, a sculpture or a gem; the type of Wedgwood marking used on the piece; or a specific category of wares, such as medallions, cameos, vases, tiles, plaques etc; or a new or current Wedgwood exhibition or publication.

We are requesting that members contact Jeremy Hagger at [log in to unmask] or telephone at 781-373-3050 prior to October 31st and volunteer to give a mini-talk.  We will then select the final speakers and notify them.  A number of members have already let us know that they would like to present a particular topic, but we would like to encourage some of our out of town and other members to actively join in and share their Wedgwood conversation with the group.

I look forward to hearing from you and enjoying the creativity of the topics you select and the audience participation.