From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Subject: WEDGWOOD ON SPEED DIAL:

When: Sunday, November 12th at  at 2:00

Where: Springhouse

Format: WEDGWOOD ON SPEED DIAL

We are excited to introduce a new inclusive format for our next WSB meeting
which we have called "WEDGWOOD ON SPEED DIAL."

We are requesting that during the next 10 days, FOUR WSB members volunteer
to speak for up to 15 minutes each on a specific Wedgwood-related topic,
such as a specific type of Wedgwood which they collect, and then illustrate
their subject with a Wedgwood example, if possible, (or PowerPoint if
not).  The remarks will be designed to encourage lively interaction with
the audience both during the presentation and thereafter in a Q & A format
for an additional 5 - 8 minutes.

Potential topics should be quite specific, even narrow, in focus.  Each
mini-talk could concentrate on the physical aspect of a piece, i.e. a body
type, specific glaze used, a shape, the type of decoration;  the design
origin of the piece, i.e. whether an original creation by a Wedgwood
craftsman, such as Flaxman or Hackwood, or a re-working in ceramics of a
piece from another medium, such as a painting, a sculpture or a gem; the
type of Wedgwood marking used on the piece; or a specific category of
wares, such as medallions, cameos, vases, tiles, plaques etc; or a new or
current Wedgwood exhibition or publication.

We are requesting that members contact Jeremy Hagger at [log in to unmask] or
telephone at 781-373-3050 <(781)%20373-3050> prior to October 31st and
volunteer to give a mini-talk.  We will then select the final speakers and
notify them.  A number of members have already let us know that they would
like to present a particular topic, but we would like to encourage some of
our out of town and other members to actively join in and share their
Wedgwood conversation with the group.

I look forward to hearing from you and enjoying the creativity of the
topics you select and the audience participation.