Hi Kate,

I really enjoyed your reply. I think it is spot on.

I was going to respond in a detailed way to the assumptions made from the very limited survey evidence and some of the responses to them on here, then sighed, reminding myself that many museums who didn’t know about the survey, that don’t know about MCG and maybe even Nesta are still doing great digital things and really know and understand their digital communities.

Small museums shouldn’t be assumed to be less able - where is the evidence for this? An absence of personnel does not equal an absence of skill. There may be large numbers of people in large museums whose digital literacy levels are low and therefore reliant on one or few digital postholders—might this distort a picture too?

For those of you who are quiet on here,  just keep up the good work you’re already doing.

This report is already today’s chip paper.

😂

Tehmina Goskar (Non-specific artform—genuine label given to me by ACE)
@tehm