Dear Allstat

The Royal Statistical Society invites you to attend and/or contribute to the discussion on the paper 'Statistical challenges of administrative and transaction data' by David Hand.  The paper will be presented to the Society at the Discussion Meeting to be held on Wednesday, November 15th at 5pm.  Tea and coffee will be available from 4:30pm.

You can register for this Discussion meeting and find further details on StatsLife<https://www.statslife.org.uk/events/events-calendar/eventdetail/965/-/rss-discussion-meeting-statistical-challenges-of-administrative-and-transaction-data>.  Visit our website<http://www.rss.org.uk/RSS/Publications/Journals/Discussion_Papers/RSS/Publications/Journals_sub/discussion_papers.aspx?hkey=edfa4f9b-d001-49aa-bab9-e903b204e5d7> to download a PDF file of the paper. If you would prefer a paper copy, please let me know.

We welcome contributions to the discussion following the presentation of the paper. If you would like to contribute, you would be limited to 5 minutes' speaking time at the meeting. It would be helpful if you could let me know in advance so that your name can be called. Please contact me on the telephone number below or e-mail [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

If you cannot attend the meeting, we would be happy to receive a written contribution. The written contribution must be no more than 400 words in length (not including any tables or reference details and figures). Please provide the following information at the beginning of your contribution:

*   the author(s) and title of the paper under discussion.

*   your name (including your title) and your affiliation, as you would wish it to appear on your printed contribution, e.g. Dr X, University of Y, City Z.

*   either a full postal address or an e-mail address where you wish to receive the proofs of your contribution for checking (proofs will be issued about 3 months after the meeting).

It is not essential to submit your written contribution before the meeting but, if you do, it may be read out for discussion during the meeting if there is time.

After the meeting, contributions may be submitted for publication by sending a PDF file (plus a separate file for each figure) direct to me at the Society's address before Wednesday, November 29th, 2017.  This deadline is important to help the authors of the paper, who will consider all the contributions and compose a reply in limited time, and to help the timely production of the journal. A condition of publication of your contribution is that you assign copyright to the Society on the form that will be provided when we send you proofs to check.

Thank you.

Judith
Judith Shorten
Journals Administrator
The Royal Statistical Society
12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX
Direct dial: (44) 020 7614 3923
www.rss.org.uk<http://www.rss.org.uk/>

The RSS is a registered charity No. 306096

SIGNOFF allstat