Hi Abigail

Terrific - will happily promote to our First Monday: Sound Salon participants - might you have a sample that could be played at our October Salon - which is in a listening suite?

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/first-monday-sound-salon-tickets-37689842333

Also would very much like to highlight this to those artists / producers that contributed to Sound Walk Sunday and include it in our growing directory.

Would you mind completing our on-line form with some details?

http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk/events-archive/sound-walk-sunday/sound-walk-sunday-submission/

Very best, Andrew

On 6 Sep 2017, at 15:58, Abigail Ward wrote:

> Dear WAN Network,
>
> I'm writing to let you know about a literary mapping project coming up in October that may be of interest to you.
>
> Hayling Island - stories at sea level is a short stories, digital mapping & sound design project led by Manchester-based writer Michelle Green.
>
> Working in collaboration with composer and sound designer Caro C, digital artist Maya Chowdhry and literary geographer Dr David Cooper, Michelle will draw on memory, experience, and geography to create a map of fictional stories set on Hayling, a small island off the south coast of England, in Hampshire.
>
> The short story collection will explore themes including climate change, human migration, economic shift, disability, and LGBT+ issues.
>
> The stories and soundscapes will be shared as work-in-progress at the following events:
>
> Durham Book Festival, at the Empty Shop TESTT Space on Sat 7th October, 5pm.
> Tickets are £6 or £4.
>
> Hayling Island Library event Sat 21st October 2017
> Book free tickets here
> ​
> International Anthony Burgess Centre event Thursday 26th October 2017
> Book free tickets here
>
> All events are supported by Arts Council England and New Writing North.
>
> We are Tweeting from @HaylingStories
>
> If you'd like to speak in any detail about our work, please feel free to get in touch.
>
> All the best,
>
> --
> Abigail Ward
>
> Curator | Presenter | Producer
> about.me/abigail_ward
>
> Hayling - stories at sea level
> michellegreen.co.uk
>
> Twitter
> @HaylingStories
>
> FRIENDLY REMINDER: if you click REPLY to this email, you will be sending a message to over 300 subscribers. Please do so only if you wish to respond to everyone.
> To join, leave or suspend list postings, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/wan

ANDREW STUCK
Walking Creative (TM)
Founding Director of the
Museum of Walking
0772 5555460
http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk
@museumofwalking

Producer - Talking Walking
http://www.talkingwalking.net

The Museum of Walking is a trading name of Rethinking Cities Ltd., registered in the UK number 5801458.

http://www.rethinkingcities.net
@RethinkCities