*Apologies for cross-posting*

The Regional Studies Association Winter Conference 2017
the place dimension of cities & regions: governance, industrial development & sustainabilitythe
Thursday 16th - Friday 17th November 2017
Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London, UK

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know that the abstract submission deadline has been extended until 21st September 2017. Below you will find the list of the confirmed stellar line-up of plenary speakers for the conference.

Plenary Speakers
Professor Lisa de Propris<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#404>, University of Birmingham, UK
Dr. Christian Ketels<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#391>, Harvard Business School, USA
Lewis Dijkstra<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#387>, European Commission, Belgium
Professor Karen Chapple<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#410>, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Jon Potter<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#403>, OECD, France
Professor David Bailey<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#405>, Aston University, UK
Rapporteur
Dr. Phil Tomlinson<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/plenary-sessions/2017-winter-plenary#406>, University of Bath, UK

Submission & Registration Details
RSA members benefit from a reduced members rate and the non-members rate will include RSA membership for 1 year.
Please submit your abstract (250 words) through the Regional Studies Association conference portal<https://members.regionalstudies.org/lounge/Meetings/Meeting?ID=183> by 21st September 2017. Please click here<http://www.regionalstudies.org/uploads/documents/Winter_Conf_2017_CfP_v4.pdf> to see the Call for Papers, to read more about the conference please click here<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/conference/rsawinter2016>. Proposals will be considered by the Conference Programme Committee against the criteria of originality and interest, subject balance and geographical spread.

You may also wish to attend the annual RSA President's Event (awards ceremony & dinner) which is taking place on 16th November (the evening of the first day of the conference) in London. Places are limited and pre-registration is essential.

Abstract submission is still open (deadline 18th September 2017) for the Student & Early Career conference. This conference will be held as part of the 40th anniversary celebrations of the Centre for Urban Regional Development Studies (CURDS). CURDS, has been at the forefront of international academically rigorous and policy relevant research in urban and regional change, development and policy since 1977 and has trained a number of leading researchers, practitioners and policy makers in the field. The RSA is very pleased to be working with CURDS for many years and to celebrate its many achievements in 2017.

I do hope to see you at one of the mentioned events, in the meantime if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,
Lesa

Lesa Reynolds
Project Manager - Events & Membership

Regional Studies Association<http://www.regionalstudies.org/>
Sussex Innovation Centre |Falmer, Brighton BN1 9SB|United Kingdom
Direct tel: +44(0)1273-669 017|mobile: +44(0)7917 798600
Company No 4116288|Charity No 1084165

[Email Signature]<http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/conference/rsa-winter-2017>

[icon-facebook.jpg]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Regional-Studies-Association/85457123358>  [icon-twitter.jpg] <https://twitter.com/regstud>   [icon-linkedin.jpg] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/regionalstudiesassociation>   [blog.bmp] <http://www.thersablog.com/>   [https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZW02z9dFg8C4E3QMkrPdmj1-mU1pYEFjn51I2LUpjHFiu5eqR] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/regionalstudiesassociation/>
Take advantage of your RSA membership<http://www.regionalstudies.org/membership> and apply for research<http://www.regionalstudies.org/research> & funding<http://www.regionalstudies.org/funding> opportunities. Sign up to our e-bulletin<https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=REGIONAL-STUDIES-COMMUNITY&A=1> for latest RSA news.