Thanks John,

From Oxford's website with regard to students:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/academic/guidance/intellectual-property?wssl=1#

This is very concise but I'm not sure it's absolutely clear. Granted there's much more clarity in the document you are directed to, but as a starter for ten it seems to be saying the opposite of what you are saying, that the university does have a right to decide what students do and don't own. By extension, staff seem to be treated more liberally, but with some restrictions.

Custom and protocol vs rules and law?

A little confused

John

John Lea