From: Katherine Enriquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:29 AM
Subject: [Dis-Int] Fwd: Book Project: Disability & sexuality in the Global South
To: Disability Studies in the Humanities <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Chappell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:43 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Katherine,

I trust you are well.

My name is Paul Chappell and I am a disability researcher based at the Wits Centre for Diversity Studies in South Africa. A colleague (Marlene De Beer) and I have just secured a book contract with Palgrave MacMillan. The book is entitled, 'Diverse Voices of Disabled Sexualities in the Global South'. This edited volume will be made up of research studies and personal stories from disabled people across the Global South.

Although we have contributions from Africa and Asia, we are lacking contributions from Latin America (our original authors have let us down at last minute!). Basically, at this time, we are looking for scholars who may be interested in writing a full chapter (between 5000-7000 words), or for personal accounts from disabled young people and adults in the Global South and how they experience their sexualities. These personal contributions can be 1) Personal written stories (no more than 2000 words); 2) Poems; or 3) Artwork or photographs. I have attached instructions for contributions and a background to the book. The themes of the chapters or personal contributions can relate to any of the following themes:

- Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and trans-gender disabled people

- Disabled sexuality and race

- Sexual pleasure, intimacy and desire

- Dating and relationships

- Sexuality in relation to spirituality, religion and culture

- Sexuality education

- Disabled sexuality and the media

- Sexual rights

Based on this background, we are writing to ask if you perhaps know of people or organisations who may be willing to contribute to this exciting book project? We unfortunately are working on a tight timeframe and would request for potential interests before 12th September and full completed contributions by 1st October.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Picture2

This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary.