Job vacancies:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Information Systems and
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Social Media

The Information School at the University of Sheffield is investing in two strategic appointments in Information Systems and Social Media to enhance and expand our exceptionally strong research and teaching. We are seeking candidates in the areas of:
  • Information Systems: organisations and society, social aspects of technological change and innovation, systems design, analysis, development and deployment at standalone and enterprise levels and the application of information systems to business solutions.
  • Social media: social media data, information and knowledge in digital societies. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience in utilising quantitative and computational methods of analysis.
The appointees will make a strong contribution to the further development of our research activities, to the delivery of our postgraduate programmes, and to the supervision of research students.

The Information School is recognised nationally and internationally for its world-class research, excellence in teaching, and the achievements of its graduates. It is the leader in its field in the UK, achieving top-ranking positions for research environment and research impact in the Research Excellence Framework 2014 and ranked top in all previous national Research Assessment Exercises. It is a member of the international iSchools organisation, a group of leading cognate schools established to promote the role of the information field in shaping the future of the global information society.

To view the full job listings and apply, please visit https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs and search for job references UOS016917 (Information Systems) and UOS016918 (Social Media). The deadline for applications is 6th September 2017 and interviews will be held in Sheffield on 12-13th October.

Best regards,
Peter

Professor Peter Bath

Head of School and Professor of Health Informatics
Information School,
University of Sheffield, Regent Court
211 Portobello, Sheffield S1 4DP UK

Tel.: 0114 2222636
Fax.: 0114 2780300
Website: http://www.shef.ac.uk/is/staff/bath.html
Twitter @PeterABath

[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]" width="34" border="0" height="34">Visit our website at www.space4sharingstudy.org

Follow us on Twitter @space4sharing

Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, read our latest news on our Blog and join our community on LinkedIn

Keep it green: do you need to print this email?
Visiting the university? Try to travel sustainably:
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/mapsandtravel