*Job vacancies:*
*Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Information Systems and*

*Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Social Media*

The Information School at the University of Sheffield is investing in two
strategic appointments in Information Systems and Social Media to enhance
and expand our exceptionally strong research and teaching. We are seeking
candidates in the areas of:

   - Information Systems: organisations and society, social aspects of
   technological change and innovation, systems design, analysis, development
   and deployment at standalone and enterprise levels and the application of
   information systems to business solutions.
   - Social media: social media data, information and knowledge in digital
   societies. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience in
   utilising quantitative and computational methods of analysis.

The appointees will make a strong contribution to the further development
of our research activities, to the delivery of our postgraduate programmes,
and to the supervision of research students.

The Information School is recognised nationally and internationally for its
world-class research, excellence in teaching, and the achievements of its
graduates. It is the leader in its field in the UK, achieving top-ranking
positions for research environment and research impact in the Research
Excellence Framework 2014 and ranked top in all previous national Research
Assessment Exercises. It is a member of the international iSchools
organisation, a group of leading cognate schools established to promote the
role of the information field in shaping the future of the global
information society.

To view the full job listings and apply, please visit
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs and search for job references UOS016917
(Information Systems) and UOS016918 (Social Media). The deadline for
applications is 6th September 2017 and interviews will be held in Sheffield
on 12-13th October.

Best regards,
Peter

Professor Peter Bath

Head of School and Professor of Health Informatics
Information School,
University of Sheffield, Regent Court
211 Portobello, Sheffield S1 4DP UK

Tel.: 0114 2222636
Fax.: 0114 2780300
Website: http://www.shef.ac.uk/is/staff/bath.html
Twitter @PeterABath <https://twitter.com/PeterABath>

[image: cid:[log in to unmask]]Visit our website at
www.space4sharingstudy.org

Follow us on Twitter @space4sharing <https://twitter.com/space4sharing>

<http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/is>

Find us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/ischoolsheffield>, follow us
on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/infoschoolsheff>, read our latest news
on our Blog <http://information-studies.blogspot.co.uk/> and join our
community on LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/university-of-sheffield-information-school?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tas%3Auniversity+of+sheffield+in%2Cidx%3A1-2-2>

*Keep it green: do you need to print this email?*
*Visiting the university? Try to travel sustainably:*
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/visitors/mapsandtravel