Hi,

It all depends on what you mean by "registered".  If you change the FOV, or crop the output, then you might have the rotations applied but it isn't clear how you would relate a voxel between your anatomical image and your resampled functional image.  Do you want to keep the NIFTI mm coordinates the same in both?  Or the centre of volume?  By default we keep the corner of the FOV of the same, so that an FSL identity transform relates the two images together.

One thing you might find better is to apply the offset after the rotation.  Currently, using the -init option, you apply the offset first, whereas you might find that things work better to apply it afterwards, by using the concat option in convert_xfm, with the offset as the <mat_BtoC> argument (or you can just add values directly to the fourth column of the matrix).  Applying the offset after the rotations is more likely to give you consistent results and will hopefully do what you want.

All the best,
	Mark