yes, I installed them via the synaptic package manager.
Now, is there an ants gui, if yes how can I launch it from the terminal?

Concerning fsleyes; I used to use the command fsleyes (fsl minuscule letters)  to run the gui, I was following a video but it use a mac Operating System, when I used the command FSLeyes (with majuscule letter ) it launches and  get the following in the terminal:

libGL error: pci id for fd 5: 80ee:beef, driver (null)
libGL error: core dri or dri2 extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: vboxvideo