Hi Bing,

There isn't a specific tool. However, the formula is somewhat simple so it
should be straightforward to do it in, e.g., Octave or Python.

1) Start by computing a measure of the autocorrelation. Say you have
timeseries for voxels X and Y stored in variables similarly named in
Octave/Matlab. Then the correlation between two consecutive timepoints of X
can be computed as:

r_X = X(2:end)'*X(1:end-1)/X/X';

2) Repeat for Y, obtaining r_Y.

3) Use Bartlett's formula to compute the degrees of freedom:
N*(1-r_X*r_Y)/(1+r_X*r_Y), where N is the number of observations.

Having said that, if this is a between-subjects analysis, and the scans
were acquired under the same conditions, we expect that all subjects will
have the same effective degrees of freedom, such that the Bartlett
correction is not necessary -- it can be safely skipped.

All the best,

Anderson