Hi Bianca,

I don't think it makes a huge difference either way: ICs that are highly idiosyncratic tend not to appear in the group ICA. At the same time, patterns that are common for WM and CSF do tend to appear as components on their own.

I think I would regress to get rid of the "intermediate" cases, that could affect or interact with ICs of potential interest, but I don't think there is an obvious answer to this.

All the best,

Anderson