Thank you Anderson

So, should I then run CCA for the 2 groups separately in 2 different call to palm? How to set the contrast for 2 groups?

Thanks

Regards

Virendra

On Aug 9, 2017 6:23 AM, "Anderson M. Winkler" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Virendra,

Thanks for sending the files and for the patience.

This error can be fixed by replacing, in line 2047 of palm_core.m, where it reads:

for t = find(yselq),

for the following:

for t = find(yselq)',

That is, an apostrophe was missing, which caused the variable t being not a row but a column, which on its turn changes the behaviour of the for-loop.

In looking into this, it seems that there was also an issue with the intersection mask across modalities, which not being produced; this has now been fixed elsewhere in the code (it wouldn't affect your analysis, but could crash with different data). This has now been fixed too, in alpha108.

A separate comment on your data: the design has one column for each of the two groups. This is generally fine, except for CCA, where we mean-center all columns, and then the design becomes rank deficient. To get around it, and avoid warning messages, just remove the 2nd column of your design matrix and also the corresponding bits of the contrasts.

Hope this solves the problem. If not, please let me know. Thanks!

All the best,

Anderson