Dear Colleagues
Just 4 weeks to go until our biennial conference in the Canada Water
Library and Cultural Space in central London, on 11-12 September 2017!

We have an excellent selection of speakers from home and abroad,
representing four continents.

Among many other presentations, we'll learn about the state of the art
of open, linked data from Marcia Zeng and Phillipp Mayr; and in a later
session, its application to ontologies in the Brazilian government from
a team of researchers at the Universidade de Brasilia.

We'll be looking at the applications of knowledge organization to fields
as diverse as archaeology, social phenomena, the history of art and
early Chinese periodicals.

We have sessions on

- the story of knowledge organization
- traditional classification and indexing
- the evolution of knowledge organization in the workplace
- stories linked to sound and images
- developing a knowledge organization community response to post-truth
issues
- building narratives through linked data; through social media; and
around the world.

The full programme, with information on registration, is on our website at
http://www.iskouk.org/content/isko-uk-conference-2017-knowledge-organization-whats-story
For the first time it's possible to sign up to one or both days of the
conference. We're also hosting a meet-up on the Sunday night before the
conference, and an informal reception on Monday evening, to welcome you
to the conference and to ISKO UK.  More information on both of those
events can also be found on the website.

Hoping to see you there!

Regards

Liz Marley
Publicity, ISKO UK