Hi Sydney,

This looks like the Gaylussacia seeds I find in New England sites. Huckleberry shows up quite often but not often in great numbers.

Tonya Largy
Consultant in Archaeobotany

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Inés L. López-Dóriga <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Sydney

I am not familiar with your flora but looks like Convolvulus

Best,

Ines

Hello all,

I'm working on an assemblage from southwestern Wisconsin and I'm having trouble identifying this seed. If anyone has any guesses, I'd be grateful for the help! The scale is in mm.

Best,

Sydney Hanson, MA, RPA

Wisconsin Historical Society

Museum Archaeology Program