*with apologies for cross posting*

The ESRC-funded Consumer Data Research Centre at the University of Leeds will be offering the following courses this Autumn, please click on the titles for full information on content, prices and how to book. Full details of our training courses can be found on our training page: https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/events/category/training-session/

September 11 – 15th we are running a selection of introductory courses all using open source software:

An Introduction to QGIS – 11th September

Geographic Information System software package

An Introduction to Small Area Classification – 12th September

Accessing census data, building a small area geodemographic and using a geographical information system to visualise the classification. Software used will be Excel, PSPP and QGIS

Intro to KNIME – 13th September (full and half day options available)

Open access data analytics, reporting and integration platform using a more visual approach

Introduction to R – 15th September (morning only)

R is one of the most popular and fastest growing programming languages and is the most popular data mining tool in business and academia

Further courses in October:

R for Spatial Analysis – 6th October

This one day course will get you up-to-speed with using R and RStudio for daily working with spatial data.

Spatial Analytics for Public Health Researchers – 24th October

This course is for researchers who want to start looking at spatial or social variations in their data and generating maps to present results

We will have further courses in 2017 including further courses in R, Tableau, ArcGIS and Advanced Modelling strategies.

Please get in touch if you have any queries – [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Eleri

______________________________

Eleri Pound

Senior Administrator for the Consumer Data Research Centre

Centre Manager for Data analytics and Society

______________________________

Consumer Data Research Centre

Data Analytics and Society CDT

University of Leeds