Post-Doctoral Position in Clinical Cognitive NeuroImaging

Post-Doctoral Associate position is available in the Clinical Neurophysiology Research Laboratory at the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine & University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

The research goal of the Clinical Neurophysiology Research Laboratory is to further understand the pathophysiology of psychosis during the early disease course, including first episode and clinical high risk individuals. We utilize multimodal imaging including electroencephalography (EEG), magnetoencephalography (MEG), structural MRI, MR diffusion spectrum imaging, fMRI, and MR arterial spin labeling measures of perfusion. Brain activity measures span simple sensory and perceptual processes to complex higher-order cognition. Our group has the scientific aim of understanding system-level pathology and pathophysiology in early psychosis, and the applied clinical aim of developing new biomarkers of disease presence to detect true prodromal cases prior to the emergence of psychosis.

We seek an exceptional individual with training in MEG/EEG techniques to join a newly funded project to examine auditory sensory processing and auditory cortex structural and functional connectivity in a multi-laboratory cross-species translational study; our group will perform the human studies and collaborate with a non-human primate team and a modelling team. Training in MEG/EEG and familiarity and skills in multimodal imaging, advanced signal processing (e.g., ICA, fusion), source localization, and other analytic methods are required.

If interested, please contact Dean F. Salisbury, PhD via e-mail (attach your CV):  [log in to unmask]

Dean F Salisbury, PhD
Director, Clinical Neurophysiology Research Laboratory
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
3501 Forbes Ave, Suite 420, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Faculty: Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neuroscience University of Pittsburgh (CNUP), Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition (CNBC)

Editor-in-Chief, Clinical EEG and Neuroscience

Phone: (412) 246-5123  Fax: (412) 246-6636        Lab website: www.cnrl.pitt.edu