Dear colleagues,

I would like to point you to 5 lecturer positions at University of
Birmingham. I will attend the ICON meeting in Amsterdam and happy to
meet potential candidates.

All the best,

Ole

*UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM*

*College of Life and Environmental Sciences*

*SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY*

*5 posts at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer Level, with potential to appoint
as Reader (dependent on the level of experience).***

Lecturers- Starting salary is normally in the range £39,324 to £46,924.
With potential progression once in post to £52,793 a year.

Senior Lecturer/Reader- Starting salary is normally in the range £48,327
to £55,998. With potential progression once in post to £73,018 a year.

The School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham is embarking on
a second phase of major recruitment as a result of outstanding
performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) and major
investment provided to the School by the University. The School will be
moving to new accommodation in the form of a fully refurbished,
purpose-designed space and a new-build Centre for Human Brain Health
that will house our new MRI, MEG, EEG, NIRS, sleep lab, and the recently
appointed Chair in Translational Neuroscience. The School has also
launched a major new initiative in adolescent mental health by
partnering with the College of Social Sciences, Psychiatry, and Forward
Thinking Birmingham NHS Trust to establish the Institute of Mental
Health. The IMH has as its mission to bridge between basic and
translational research.

We wish to strengthen our School to accomplish our ambitious research
and teaching goals by seeking five Lecturers/Senior Lecturers/Readers.
We welcome applicants who will complement and extend any of our areas of
expertiseacross our existing four Research Themes: Perception,
Cognition, and Action; Mental Health and Wellbeing; Language,
Interaction, and Social Cognition; Memory and Attention. We particularly
welcome applicants with strength in the following topics, approaches and
methods: Healthy lifestyle and ageing, with a particular emphasis on
sleep and eating behaviours; adolescent mental health, including early
risk markers in neurodevelopment; longitudinal and behavioural genetics
approaches; language and the brain, with a particular emphasis on
healthy ageing; electrophysiological approaches to memory using animal
models, and the application of memory research to clinical disorders;
computational science, including machine learning, Bayesian modelling,
and computational models of perception, categorisation and attention.

The School of Psychology at the University of Birmingham
(http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/psychology/index.aspx) is one of
the largest and most successful in the UK, currently ranked in the top 5
Schools in the country (REF 2014). The University of Birmingham is an
equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from currently
under-represented groups. The School of Psychology has a Bronze Athena
SWAN award and strives to maintain a flexible and supportive environment
that enables its staff to flourish.

Confidential enquiries can be made to Prof Kim Shapiro, Head of School:
[log in to unmask], +44 121 414 4930.

Closing date: 15 September, 2017

--
Prof. Ole Jensen
Centre for Human Brain Health, University of Birmingham