The conveners of the Seminar for Collecting and Display, London, invite
applications for papers for their monthly seminars at the Institute of
Historical Research between October 2017 and June 2018. The Seminar provides
a forum for academics to present new research on any topic related to
collecting in its widest understanding, both chronologically and in terms of
subject matter. We also welcome papers that look at collecting from
different perspectives, given by sociologists, cultural historians or art
historians.

Seminar papers are normally 45 minutes in length followed by an extended
discussion. We are unable to cover travel costs but may be able to help with
accommodation and expenses.

Applicants should send an abstract of approximately 300 words together with
a short CV to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
by 8 September 2017. We will then reply to organise the date with the
successful candidates.

http://www.history.ac.uk/events/seminar/collecting-display