** This list is managed by Dr Evangelos Himonides (UCL), on behalf of the Society for Education and Music Psychology Research (sempre), and aims to serve as a discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. This list was previously managed by the Institute of Musical Research. ** MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

Dear Colleague,

I would like to bring your attention to the advertisement below for a permanent, full-time Research Fellowship in the Centre for Performance Science at the Royal College of Music, London.

We are looking for someone to take a leading role in developing and expanding our research portfolio in the field of Arts in Health. The Job Description and Further Particulars are available at http://www.rcm.ac.uk/about/jobs/jobs/jobtitle,25121,en.aspx, and an overview of CPS research in this field is available at http://performancescience.ac.uk/musichealth.

Please feel free to circulate this announcement. I would be delighted to answer questions about the post.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Aaron Williamon

Aaron Williamon
Professor of Performance Science

CENTRE FOR
PERFORMANCE SCIENCE

The CPS is a partnership of
Royal College of Music | Imperial College London

+44 (0) 207 591 4348 | www.PerformanceScience.ac.uk

_______________

RESEARCH FELLOW IN PERFORMANCE SCIENCE

Closing date: 12pm on Monday, 17 July 2017

Interview date: Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Salary: £45,463 - £52,080 per annum

Job ref no: 505-17

This role is offered on a permanent, full time (1.0 FTE) basis and is available from January 2018.

Founded in 1882, the Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world-leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our 800 undergraduate and postgraduate students come from over 60 countries and are taught in a dynamic environment, leaving the RCM to become the outstanding performers, conductors and composers of the future. In 2017, the RCM was named by the QS World University Rankings as the top conservatoire in the UK and second in the world for the Performing Arts.

The Centre for Performance Science takes a strongly interdisciplinary approach to investigating performance, accessing expertise and facilities across the RCM and Imperial College London.

Based at the RCM, this permanent, full-time Research Fellowship is in the field of Arts in Health. You will be well positioned to forge partnerships in performance science throughout the RCM and Imperial College, including (but not limited to) Imperial’s Faculty of Medicine and affiliated hospitals. In addition, you will teach on the RCM’s MSc in Performance Science, leading a new module in Performing Arts in Health, and will contribute to the RCM’s doctoral programme in performance science.

In the first three years of the appointment (2018-20), you will play a key role, as an investigator, in shaping and delivering HEartS, a £1 million public health project funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council. Further information is available at www.PerformanceScience.ac.uk/HEARTS.

We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:

-       You will have an extensive track record of research in Performance Science or a related field

-       You will have expertise in research design, project management and the collection, processing and analysis of large datasets

-       You will have experience of teaching, examining and research supervision at undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels

-       You should have a global perspective and significant international contacts.

To apply, please complete our Application and Equal Opportunities Monitoring forms available to download at http://www.rcm.ac.uk/about/jobs/jobs/jobtitle,25121,en.aspx, and submit along with a list of publications by the closing deadline. CVs without an application form will not be accepted.

Completed forms should be returned by post or email to Isabella Enstrom, HR Assistant:

Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7 2BS

Email: [log in to unmask]