Dear All!

We will be running our monthly live Twitter Discussion, #DLNETChat
<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23dlnetchat&src=typd>  today, Friday
2 June from 12.00pm until 1.00pm.

This month we will be discussing Which aspects of digital learning or
engagement are cultural staff most unsure/fearful/requiring training/seeking
information/avoiding altogether so whether you have a question or concern,
or a case-study or a project you want to highlight please join us from
12.00pm today.

As usual, we are running a very quick and very unscientific poll to get
things started, have a look here:
https://twitter.com/DLNET/status/870565855729471488 if the answer you want
isn't part of the poll, you can reply with an answer (don't forget the
#DLNETChat <https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23dlnetchat&src=typd>
hashtag)...

Discussions might include:

*	Which aspects of digital engagement do we want to get involved with,
but feel we don't know enough about?
*	Is it simply a training issue or is it more to do with time or
budget?
*	Which aspects of digital should be a priority and which are just a
case of keeping up with fads or trends?
*	Where can we find out more information or case-studies or training?
*	How can support organisations help more?
*	Can technology just be a distraction from our core objectives?

This month's Chat has been devised to link to our upcoming event in Oxford,
delivered jointly between DLNET and the Oxford University Museums
Partnership, Digital Learning in Museums:
http://www.oxfordaspiremuseums.org/digital-learning-museums

We would love to hear from as many people as possible, but as always are
very keen to hear from people working in smaller museums and organisations -
as well as those who have less experience and might have questions!

And, as a disclaimer, we definitely can't promise to know all the answers to
all (or any) questions or problems, but we hope to harness the collective
power of Twitter to find some way through.

Remember to use the hashtag #DLNETChat
<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%23dlnetchat&src=typd>  and to keep
an eye on the @DLNET <https://twitter.com/DLNET>  Twitter account for more
details...

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart D. Berry
Heritage Centre Manager, Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust

01646 684220 |  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] |  <http://www.sunderlandtrust.com/>
www.sunderlandtrust.com |  <https://www.facebook.com/sunderlandtrust/>
facebook.com/sunderlandtrust |  <https://twitter.com/PDHeritageCent>
twitter.com/PDHeritageCent

Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre
Royal Dockyard Chapel
Meyrick Owen Way
Pembroke Dock
SA72 6WS

Pembroke Dock Sunderland Trust runs Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre and is a
registered charity in England and Wales, number 1120476. Company
registration number 05920931.

---

This e-mail and any files attached are confidential for the use of the
intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete the communication from your system
without copying, disseminating or distributing the same in any way by any
means.

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET