Good morning colleagues,

The University of Southampton is pleased to be hosting a PEST training course, run by the developer, John Doherty.  John will be coming over from Australia for this event and we are currently looking to confirm numbers interested.  If registration is not possible at this time, a brief email reply stating interest would assist us.  We have a good number of bookings to-date however require a few more to cover overall costs.  Although the course is not till September we are required to confirm venue and flights soon.

Course: Model calibration and predictive uncertainty analysis using PEST (Parameter ESTimation)

Low participation costs: Thanks to the supporting organisations, the costs have been kept deliberately low at £857 and £657 (inc VAT), early-bird commercial and student respectively.  However, we are required to make a ‘go’ – ‘no go’ decision by the end of June. So, we will be thankful for your early notes of interest.  No obligation if find closer to the time that participation is not possible.

Place and time: The University of Southampton, UK, 4-8 September 2017

Content: Intensive 5-day training course with comprehensive theoretical and practical sessions. This course is highly practical with much of the time dedicated to computer workshops and tutorials. It is an advanced course in modelling and intended for colleagues who have some experience in groundwater modelling, or at least a good working knowledge.  Course programme can be found here: http://www.pesthomepage.org/Training.php

Flexible duration: It is understood that not all would want the full 5 days’ course.  Depending on your specific interest (for example, groundwater model calibration and sensitivity analysis, rather than uncertainty analysis or surface water model calibration), the first 3 days of the course could be attended. Please see the course programme for the detailed daily schedule.

The instructors’ team: John Doherty (PEST author), Alastair Black and Francesca Lotti

Early-bird registration closes soon. Please see the details in the attached course programme.  Registration:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScDkAyFvkFJel9T_zaP-XAffoSh4QYjldOZOPKa93qM5Tmamg/viewform

Rare: These courses are rare and it is anticipated to be the only one of its kind in the UK within the next few years.

Please do forward this course information within your networks.

Thanks

Oleksandra Pedchenko
MEnvSc, Postgraduate research student, Infrastructure Research Group
Civil, Maritime and Environmental Engineering and Science Unit

Faculty of Engineering and the Environment
University of Southampton
University Rd, Highfield Campus, Southampton, SO17 1BJ
+44 7572130417, Skype: oleksandra.pedchenko

---