Hi All

I am very used to using percentages for marking (the mythical 100 point scale) but see the benefits of a less granular approach and would like to explore a simple distinction, merit, pass, refer system but my worry is how to deal with modules with several assignments.  For example if someone gets a pass for something weighted 20% and then a merit for the other assignments, how do they get an overall grade that represents the total?  I am used to the idea – easy with numbers- of a second (better) assignment raising the overall mark for the module.  Does anyone have some neat resolution, that doesn’t fall back on a ghostly 100 point scale in the background, to what must be a common problem.

Many thanks

Isis

Isis Brook PhD, MEd, FHEA

Director of Crossfields Institute International

crossfields_logo_no_ground_96dpi

cfi-linkedin_96dpicfi-facebook_96dpicfi-twitter_96dpi

Crossfields Institute

Stroud House | Russell Street | Stroud GL5 3AN | United Kingdom

T: +44 (0) 1453 760293

M:  07816861275

www.crossfieldsinstitute.com

Company no: 6503063 | Charity no: 1124859

Sending an email saves time, not printing it saves trees.

Disclaimer

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender at Crossfields Institute or by using the reply option to this e-mail, and delete the material from any computer.