The National Association of Disability Practitioners (NADP) Annual Conference – DSA and Non-DSA: A Year of Adaption

Date: 29th to 30th June 2017

Location: Hinckley Island Hotel, Watling Street, Hinckley, LE10 3JA

We have brought together the people who deliver action on the ground – from university academics, disability support professionals, individual support personnel and assessment centres – to share knowledge, ideas and experience.

We are very excited by our line-up of speakers who include…

Sarah Howls from HEFCE reporting on the outcomes from the benchmark research they commissioned into services to disabled students and the development of inclusive practice in Higher Education.

Elinor Rowlands and Helen Shore debating whether the word ‘inclusion’ could invite discrimination and exclusion.

Declan Treanor and Julie Tonge discussing disability service provision in Ireland and the lessons that can be learned in UK Higher Education.

Paddy Turner, the NADP Chair, giving an overview of the current position of the sector and his insights into future developments.

The conference also includes a wide range of excellent speakers discussing their own experiences with disabled students or leading workshops to enable people to work together to discover and deliver positive and inclusive support solutions that can enhance our university communities.

Further information on the conference, lectures and workshops is on our website: https://nadp-uk.org/conferences/annual-conference-2017/