Apologies for cross-posting

We announce a Call for Contributions to an event to explore “Digital Placemaking: how we use media across our learning spaces”

The event is being organised by MELSIG, ELESIGNW, and ALTNWESIG with our host Edge Hill University.

Date: Wednesday 31st May 2017

There is no charge to attend, but places are limited. Registration is also open via the MELSIG site (http://melsig.shu.ac.uk/?page_id=1091)

We welcome a range of engaging contributions from academics and developers. Suggestions for proposal types and a submission form is on the site.

Description: The event will consider how learning space becomes learning place through the use of digital and social media in and out of the classroom. We will hear from academics and developers about how the learning space is becoming richer through blended and more personal and networked approaches.

The discourse around learning place relates the “salient qualities of specific learning places to successful learning activities, enjoyable learning experiences and good learning outcomes. Such connections between place and learning can be subtle and powerful.” – Ellis & Goodyear (2016)

Presentations and workshops will allow us to hear about and develop innovative blended learning spaces. The event will be designed to provide excellent networking opportunities on and off line.

Andrew Middleton, SFHEA, NTF

Head of Academic Practice & Learning Innovation

Learning Enhancement & Academic Development

Sheffield Hallam University