Dear all,

We wanted to make you aware of a national research project that The Student Engagement Partnership and NUS are supporting, which is being funded by the Pedagogic Research Institute and Observatory at the University of Plymouth (PedRIO), and enlist your support with encouraging relevant sabbatical officers to participate.

The project is called ‘Identifying the educational development needs of elected sabbatical officers with a remit for supporting teaching and learning’. The first stage of the project is a national survey of elected sabbatical officers with a remit for education, which will inform recommendations regarding future development needs and research in this area.

The link to the survey and more information about the project are below. Please do encourage relevant officers you work with to complete the survey before it closes on Wednesday 7th June, and we’ll continue to keep you updated on the development of the project.

Invitation to participate in research about your role and be entered into a draw for one of 6 20 Amazon vouchers

Dear all,

This email is to introduce you to an exciting and important national research project about you and your role. The project is called ‘Identifying the educational development needs of elected sabbatical officers with a remit for supporting teaching and learning’ and this email tells you about the project and invites you to participate by completing an online survey. This will take just a few minutes of your time.  Participation will enter you into a draw for a 20 Amazon voucher which will be awarded on the 10th July 2017.

Student Unions (SUs) have a long history of engaging in activities such as political activism, organising social and sporting activities and providing guidance on welfare issues.  SUs are regularly consulted to ensure institutions are representing students fairly. This has resulted in elected sabbatical officers, particularly those we a remit for issues relating to education / teaching and learning, representing the student voice through interactions with students, academics, professional support staff and senior managers. There is little extant research examining the role of this specific group; this study proposes to address this through a national survey of elected educational sabbatical officers to inform recommendations regarding future development needs and research in this area.

This study is funded by the Pedagogic Research Observatory and Observatory at the University of Plymouth (PedRIO) and brings together a collaboration of PedRIO, The Student Engagement Partnership (TSEP) and National Union of Students (NUS) which will ensure project outcomes are tailored to the relevant audience, and will be disseminated in peer review journal articles and conferences.

Consent section on the online survey Introduction

Please read the following statement before linking to the survey.

I understand that participation in this project is voluntary and whether I choose to complete the questionnaire or not will have no impact on my relationship with TSEP or the NUS. I understand that my responses will be treated with complete confidentiality and no names will be used in any outcomes of the research. Completing the survey and clicking submit is indication of implied consent to participate in this research.

Link to survey: https://plymouthedu.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_agEQHc9i0R7mLjv

If you have any further questions please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr Rebecca Turner: [log in to unmask]

3 Endsleigh Place,

University of Plymouth,

Plymouth, PL4 8AA

Best wishes,

Ellie

cid:image004.png@01CF737D.E3F00D20

Ellie Russell | Student Engagement & Partnership Manager
Email:
[log in to unmask] Phone: 07977 980 871

www.tsep.org.uk The Student Engagement Partnership
Macadam House, 275 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8QB

Follow us on twitter: @tsepartnership

Click here to join our mailing list

TSEP_full-web

cid:image004.png@01CF737D.E3F00D20

For our email disclaimer, please visit http://www.nus.org.uk/nus-email-disclaimer National Union of Students (United Kingdom), Registered office: Ian King House, Snape Road, Macclesfield, SK10 2NZ Registered in England and Wales. A company limited by guarantee (08015198)