Dear all
I have been contacted by a concerned academic colleague with an issue and am posting here for your helpful thoughts and/or advices- if you wish to reply off list I will collate the responses and share with anyone interested- thanks

The colleague has a student who is autistic in his cohort. This manifests in e.g. the student speaking out irregularly such as in the middle of a lecture. Other students (and the lecturer) are finding this distracting and lose concentration and students have complained they cannot hear the lecturer. The lecturer is reluctant to exclude the student and (say) record the lecture for the student to watch. He worries it will isolate the student. Yet the lecturer has also to be mindful for the experience and learning of other students.
Are there experiences that any of you know and can share that are similar to this and what was done ?
Thanks so much
Chris
Dr Christine Smith

Sent from my iPhone