*Apologies for cross-posting*

*Reconnecting through Engaged Learning and Scholarship: Impact, Frameworks,
and Practice*

*Conference, 6-7 July 2017, University of Sheffield, U.K*

*Keynote speaker: Professor Mike Neary (University of Lincoln) *

*“…our great universities simply cannot afford to remain islands of
affluence, self-importance, and horticultural beauty in seas of squalor,
violence, and despair. With the schools of medicine, law and education and
their public policy programs, universities surely can help out our cities
and perhaps - perhaps - even our nation back together."*

-          Ira Harkavy

Engaged learning and teaching can be understood as combining
(inter)disciplinary knowledge with opportunities for students to learn with
and from external partners, ‘real-world’ challenges, and experiences
outside universities. At a time of political and societal change, what is
the role of engaged learning and its related forms of educational practice,
including service learning, authentic learning, and civic engagement in
connecting with communities?

This event aims to share frameworks, projects and experiences through which
engaged learning can be approached, practised, and theorised.

*The draft programme is now available
here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/als/current/engaged/conference
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/als/current/engaged/conference>*

*The conference is FREE to attend and open to internal and external
delegates - sign up here.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezgyo_-bVIkd__x84F78RkMf1rtlzGpb7CzP-2aKWahDlsJg/viewform?c=0&w=1>*

We hope to see you in July.

Kim
--

Dr Kimberley Marwood

0114 222 1351

The University of Sheffield

Project Officer, Projects and Development | Academic and Learning Services
(Monday, Wednesday PM, Thursday)
Lead Co-ordinator - Public Value | Corporate Communications (Tuesday,
Wednesday AM, Friday)
Engaged Learning Conference, 6-7 July 2017
<https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/als/current/engaged/conference>