…. With apologies for cross postings……

Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to be able to share the first of a number of new jobs at UWE in the new Academic Practice Directorate with you. Please forward on to any colleagues who you think may be interested and encourage them to drop me a line by email if they would like an informal discussion.

With best wishes

Liz

Deputy Director (Academic Practice Directorate) and Head of Digital Learning -  Ref:1648143

Campus/location - Frenchay campus
Salary details - Starting Salary of 57,674 rising to 66,358
Duration of post - Permanent
Closing date - 26 Jun 2017
Interview date - 13 Jul 2017

About Us
It’s an exciting time to be joining UWE. With Strategy 2020 now fully underway we are making major investments on our key strategic priority area: outstanding learning. A new Academic Practice Directorate (APD) has been created to work across the university to engage and support our academic communities in the design and delivery of outstanding programmes and outstanding academic practice.

About the Role
We are now building the APD core team and are seeking a highly experienced and skilled academic leader to become Deputy Director. The Deputy Director will support the Director, Prof. Elizabeth Cleaver, to develop the new APD and to enable it to grow as a centre of excellence. The role holder will also lead the University’s portfolio of digital learning developments, activities and projects and work directly with UWE’s Information Technology Service, Business Intelligence team, Strategic Programmes Office and faculty-based technology-enhanced learning teams.

About You
You will be an established leader in the field of digital and technology-enhanced learning in higher education, ready to take the next exciting step in your career. You will have extensive team and project leadership experience with a proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop cross-institutional teams. While a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of technologies used in learning and teaching is essential, you will also have excellent understanding of pedagogic and quality assurance approaches and processes in University settings and the benefits and opportunities that digital tools and platforms can bring to these.

For informal enquiries please email: [log in to unmask]

Full details of the role and information about how to apply can be found here

Professor Elizabeth Cleaver
Director of Learning and Teaching
Room 5E022
Frenchay Campus